Prepping quick and easy to-go meals and snacks have kind of been our thing lately. It does take a bit of organization ahead of time, but its easier to stay on track when you have healthy whole foods at the ready.
These baked salmon patties are perfect for lunch with a side salad or a quick midday snack. They are packed with calcium, protein, and omegas.
When consuming fish it is important to know the mercury levels of the fish. You can do your research to investigate what types of fish are safe to consume. We found this article on The Spruce that lists fish with high mercury levels and those that safe to eat.
Fish and Seafood with Very Low Mercury Levels
- Flounder, fluke, plaice, sand dabs
BAKED SALMON PATTIES
Yeilds apprx 12 patties
- 1 6-ounce can of wild salmon (bones in)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion or green onion
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped red or yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach
- 1 tsp dijon or grainy mustard
- 1/2 cup mashed white potatoes
- sea salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- form patties in your hand and place on sheet
- Bakes in oven for 12 minutes and then flip and bake for another 2-4 minutes