Just because you are focused on eating clean and living your best life, doesn’t mean you cannot enjoy the flavors of the fall. I am all about the classic pumpkin spice, and apple treats this season, but not the super sugary cream cheese filled pumpkin spiced baked goods sold at every coffee shop this time of year. Instead, make it yourself, get the kids involved and supercharge it with protein, fiber and superfood ingredients. Here are 4 delicious, healthy and low calorie fall themed recipes that will satisfy your desire for pumpkin & spice and everything nice.
PUMPKIN SPICED CHIA PUDDING
6 tbsp chia seeds
2 cups almond milk, coconut milk, hemp milk etc (any non dairy milk)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
½ cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp almond flakes or pepita seeds
1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Blend the chia seeds, milk, vanilla, spices, pumpkin puree, maple syrup in the food processor
- Refrigerate over night
- Top the pudding with with almond flakes or pepita seeds and a sprinkle of cinnamon
BAKED APPLE + PEAR CHIPS
1 apple thinly sliced
1 pear thinkly sliced
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Place apple slices and pear slices into a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon. Toss to combine.
- Place a cooling rack onto a baking sheet. Lay apple and pear slices onto the baking sheet so that no pieces overlap. Cook for 2-3 hours, flipping halfway through.
- Bake until dried out but still bendable.
VEGAN FLOURLESS PUMPKIN SPICE BARS
1 small zucchini
1 small carrot
1 cup pumpkin puree
¾ cup non dairy milk
4-5 medjool dates, pitted
2/3 cups coconut flour
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup pecan pieces
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Combine pumpkin puree, zuchnni, carrot, non-dairy milk, pitted dates in blender until combined
- Add the ramining ingredients and blend to form a thick batter
- Spread batter into baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350F or until the top is lightly golden
- Remove from oven and let cool and set completely before slicing into squares.
1/3 cup oats
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp hemp seeds
1 tsp sunflower seeds
½ tsp cinnamon
1/3 dried cranberries
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp grated orange zest
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice tops off of apples, and core, butdo not go through the bottom.
- Mix together remaining ingredients except coconut oil. When well-mixed, stuff mixture into apples, with any remnants piled on top. Top each apple with approximately 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Place apples in oven for 25-45 minutes, covered, until apples are soft and can be pierced with a fork. This will depend on the size and type of your apples.
MORE RECIPE IDEAS…
For more healthy eating tips and a complete meal plan with recipes, check out our SDFIT15 Nutrition Guide