The magic happens when both Nutrition and Fitness are working hand in hand. Our SDFIT15 Nutrition Plan that is included in our Online Fitness Program, provides many clean, delicious options to choose from. You can follow the weekly meal plans or go for what looks the best to you. This Vegan Lentil Chili, with a side of sweet potato is on our menu tonight. High in protein and fiber, and will keep you feeling full and satisfied for the evening. The trick is to fuel yourself with protein and Foods that are clean and filling, so you wont be reaching for those sugary snacks late at night.
Our Nutrition Plan has been developed by Dr. Christine Cho, a Certified Naturalpathic Doctor specializing in Nutrition. The plan provides recipes to encourage healthy weight loss, wellness and to boost athletic performance.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snack recipes
- Vegetarian, vegan and paleo options.
- Portion guides
- Easy to follow recipes
VEGAN LENTIL CHILI
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2-3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (28oz) of crushed tomatoes
- 1 x 15oz can of dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 X 15oz can lentils, rinsed and drained
- Sauté onion, garlic and red pepper in oil over medium high heat until soft. Add Kidney Beans and Lentils.
- Add spices (chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt + pepper) and stir
- Add crushed tomatoes. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the chili thickens.
- Add kale and stir to incorporate.
- Taste and adjust seasoning
- Serve and garnish with toppings